How many times have you written and delivered a proposal packed with thoughtful solutions and carefully crafted recommendations only to have your prospective client disappear off the face of the earth?
After 11 years of writing proposals only to hear “this looks great, we’ll get back to you,” I’m pleased to say that there is a better way. This session will teach you a radically different approach to selling; one that doesn’t involve writing a proposal until you have won the deal.
This session applies to you if:
- You’re tired of writing proposals only to hear “I’ll think it over”
- You feel uncomfortable talking about money or budget with prospective clients
- You feel disingenuous when a prospect asks you “so, what makes you different?” or “what kind of guarantee can you offer me?”
- The traditional sales process of overcoming objections and “asking for the sale” feels manipulative and pushy
- You don’t know how to differentiate yourself in a community of similar service providers
- Creating a sales process that has a clear future for everyone at every step
- Talking to prospects about money and budget upfront
- It’s not what you say in sales, it’s what you ask
- You don’t need to differentiate, you just need to listen
- Stay away from features and benefits
- Don’t overcome objections, embrace them
- In every RFP, exactly two sales people win
- How to get paid to write a proposal